Sunday, June 24, 2012

Hello! {an introduction}

Hello!

My name is Ellie. Welcome to my blog! Rather exciting, this... :)

Anyhow, a bit about me so you have some idea of the

     mad-hatter,  

                    adventure-loving,

                          passion-chasing,  

                                        hope-filled      ~mademoiselle~

                               who is writing to you:

I am a young newly-graduated teacher from Colorado gearing up for my first year of teaching this fall. At the moment, it appears I'll be an English Teacher in South Korea. While it's not the 'settled down' kind of position I'll be searching for in a few years, I'm really looking forward to the freedom and adventure it will afford me. As many of you already know, the state of education in America hasn't exactly made teaching the most enjoyable profession in recent years, but like so many others, I want to see that change. For now though, being as green as I know I am, I see the wisdom in biding my time. So, I'll start by tackling the tricks of the trade first--and then I'll conquer the world. ;-)

Truth be told, I've always had the traveling bug, too, so the opportunity to live abroad and study the educational approaches of other countries is very exciting. While living internationally during the next few years, I intend to take observable stock of the benefits and disadvantages of the educational approaches and methods by which other nations teach their kids. What works? What doesn't? And, most importantly, Why? If we are truly intent on fixing a broken system, discovering the truth about how to do it is what matters most, pride and personal fears and goals set aside.

So, out of a desire to create some kind of ripple in what is, at the moment, a very murky pond, this blog is my pebble. As I toss it in, I make a wish that it will free to the surface at least some the extraordinary, hope-filled life of education that I know is teeming hidden in the deep. I hope you will find it inspiring, chock full of sound perspectives and advice, along with fun, useful, everyday ideas, and that maybe, just maybe, the joy of education will begin to come back to life again.

With my best regards--and sincerest encouragement!

Ellie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here.